About the Department
B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (Accredited by NBA)
|Year of Inception||1995
|Sanctioned Intake||Started with 40 seats during academic year 1995-1996
Intake increased to 60 during academic year 1996-1997
Intake decreased from 60 to 40 during academic year 2001 - 2002
Increase in Intake from 40 to 60 during academic year 2015 – 2016
|Accreditation status||Accredited by NBA in the year 2006 for 3 years
Accredited by NBA in the year 2013 for 2 years
To be Centre of Excellence in the field of Chemical Engineering, to meet the ever growing expectation of the industry and society by nurturing the technocrats with Technological, Entrepreneurial and Research skills.
- To offer state of art Chemical Engineering program with the updated resources and infrastructure.
- To impart advanced knowledge and Multidisciplinary skills through value addition programs and innovation research.
- To imbibe the students in clean, safe and healthy environment development initiatives
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO1 : Excel as Chemical Engineers with good knowledge of basics of science and engineering and able to solve complex problems in chemical process industries.
- PEO2 : Posses good communication and Interpersonal skills to accomplish leadership roles in an Organization or become successful Entrepreneurs.
- PEO3 : Progress continuously by increasing their knowledge and skills and pursue advance studies and research.
- PEO4 : An ability to understand contemporary issues and solve them without affecting environmental, social, safety and economic standards to uphold ethical practice.
The Department maintains a library to meet the specific needs of its students and staff.
- No. of volumes: 593
- No. of titles: 256