Youth Red Cross
The Youth Red Cross was inaugurated in the year 2004 and various activities like Tree Plantations, Blood Camps, Orientation Programmes, AIDS Awareness Programes etc., were organized.
Mr. M.T.V. Prakash Reddy, Assistant Professor in English is the Programme Officer and he has organized various Programes as follows.
The Chief Guest Shri.K.Varatharajan (DSP) gave prizes to the winners of Essay on “Drug Awareness”. Mr. Vinayagam, (Inspector, NIB CID) proposed Vote of Thanks.
- YRC – Our students participated in 64th Anniversary of Geneva Conventions of YRC/Indian Red Cross Society, Tamil Nadu Branch and won first prize (State Level) in variety/cultural programme held on 12.08.2013.
- Youth Red Cross jointly with NIB CID (Nacrotics Intelligence Bureau), Tamil Nadu Police, Kancheepuram District, organized “Drug Awareness Programme” on 06.03.2014. The Chief Guest Shri.K.Varatharajan (DSP) gave prizes to the winners of Essay competition on “Drug Awareness”. Apart from this, First Aid, Disaster Management awareness programmes & Tree Plantation were organized.
- YRC jointly with Rotract Club organized Blood Donation camp in our college premises on Jan. 2014 in which 200 volunteers donated blood to Tamilnadu AIDS control society and Blood Transfusion council Chennai.
- The programme officer Mr. M.T.V. Prakash Reddy, along with volunteers participated in one-day RRC Peer educators training programme organized by SKR Engg. College and co-sponsored by Anna University Chennai on 28.02.2014
Activities for 2016 – 2017
- The Tree plantation programme was conducted during the month of October – 2017 in our College Campus. The Program officer along with volunteers conducted the programme successfully
Blood Donation Camp
- The Youth Red Cross (YRC) and National Service Scheme (NSS) unit of Sriram Engineering College jointly conducted a blood donation camp at their Campus on 13.02.2018, in association with Kilpauk Medical College Hospital, Chennai.
The Director (Academics) and Principal, inaugurated the camp by 10.00 a.m. A total of 125 donors had donated their blood during the camp.
The Director and Principal at the camp
- We have conducted the Blood Donation Camp on 28.02.2017 (Tuesday) at 10.00 am, in the Main block. It was inaugurated by our college Principal and other HOD’s.
- We have successfully organized donating blood by the team of Doctors and Nurses who took care of the students well while donating blood without any issues for the General Hospital, Chennai-2. Mr. Rajkumar, Blood Bank in-charge collected 121units of blood successfully.
One-day Disaster Management Programme
- We have organized a day’s programme on “One-day Disaster Management” in our college on 23-02-2017(Thursday). Members from IRCS gave the seminar on disaster and demonstrated a live programme on fire safety. Mr K. Lawrence, IRCS, co-ordinator spoke on natural disaster and Dr. A. Sugandan spoke about all first and immediate measure of all accident and emergency situations .They both demonstrated about a live CPR Techniques for heart patients and they also allowed students to participate in that activity for the morning session.
- In the afternoon session, they gave a seminar about fire and they classification and also give the types of fire extinguisher and also given a live demo of how to control all types of fire accidents with extinguishers and other techniques by cutting the supply of oxygen and reduce the heat of the atmosphere.
- In this programme, we could gain rich and valuable experience for the students and staff.
Activities for 2014 – 2015
- Students participated in “Geneva Conventional Day Celebration”, held at YRC Head Office, Egmore, Chennai, in the month of August 2014
- Organized “Blood Donation Camp” jointly with “Lions Club” Meenambakkam, Chennai and successfully given 300 Units of Blood in the month of October 2014.
- Participated in “National Youth Day” and implemented “Swachh Bharath Abhiyan” in our college premises in the month of February 2015.
- Organized a rally on ‘Dengue Awareness Programme’ jointly with Primary Health Center (PHC), Perumalpattu in the month of March 2015.