Women Empowerment Cell (WEC) of Sriram Engineering College Conducted a Written Quiz Competition on Awareness about the Legal Rights of Women on 16/10/2017 Sponsored by National Commission for Women.
Ms T.CHARUMATHI - IV YEAR B.E MECHANICAL ENGINEERING,FIRST PRIZE WINNER IN THE QUIZ COMPETITION BEING HONOURED BY THE DIRECTOR.
Ms E.GAYATRI - II YEAR B.E ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING,SECOND PRIZE WINNER IN THE QUIZ COMPETITION BEING HONOURED BY THE DIRECTOR.
Ms TEENA SHIRLEY DSOUZA - IV YEAR B.E ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING , THIRD PRIZE WINNER IN THE QUIZ COMPETITION BEING HONOURED BY THE DIRECTOR.
Education, an important means to women’s empowerment
To create awareness of Women’s Rights in the society and to empower women.
- To motivate girl students to undertake activities that strengthen their confidence and make them believe in themselves.
- To promote a culture of respect and equality for female students.
- To make them aware about the guidelines of Supreme Court and to ensure that Sexual harassment is treated as an unacceptable social behavior within the institution and the society.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial attitude among young girlsso that they can become â€œjob providersâ€ rather than â€œjob seekersâ€
- To conduct seminars,workshops to import knowledge of opportunities and tools available to develop the women.
- All the girl students will be made aware about the Vishakhaguidelines and the safety measures by members of Women Empowerment cell.
- A session by women achievers of different fields to motivate girl students of SREC.
- A session with gynecologist on health issues
- Seminar onCybercrime, privacy issues about the social websites, awareness of public protection and Dress code.
- Nukkadnatak will be held at the college premises on certain social issues.
- Girl students to be made aware of Grievance Redressal System through college website.
For further queries and suggestions contact email : firstname.lastname@example.org