ICT Academy of Tamil Nadu (ICTACT) is an Initiative of Government of India, Government of Tamil Nadu and Industry, is a not for profit autonomous organization focusing to improve the quality of students passing out of institutions in Tamil Nadu, to make them industry ready and immediately employable in the ICT industry comprising the ICT services and the ICT Manufacturing sectors. This will meet the skill requirements of the industry and generate more employment in the state especially in tier 2/3 cities.
ICTACT is governed by an autonomous Board of Governors with representations from the state Government of Tamil Nadu, leading companies in the ICT industry with presence in Tamil Nadu & NASSCOM.
ICTACT is a pioneering venture under the public – private – partnership (PPP) model that endeavours to train the higher education teachers and students in the areas of Information & Communication Technology, thereby making the students industry ready.
Benefits of ICTACT
- ICTACT has been serving all education institutions across the state of tamilnadu, benefiting both faculty members and students through various initiatives of the academy which includes faculty development, student skill development, Industry- Institute collaboration, Research etc.
- ICTACT is focused on improving the quality of students passing out of higher education Institutions in Tamilnadu to make the industry ready and immediately employable in the ICT industry comprising the ICT services and the ICT manufacturing sectors.
- On this objective ICTACT is providing quality centric and niche training programs for the faculty members and the students, thereby helping them accomplish more productivity and effective learning.
- ICTACT has been implementing various niche and contemporary faculty development programs through its nodal universities and member institutions, benefitting all the colleges in the state.
ICTACT- Membership Benefits
- Faculty Development Programs in Association with leading Companies.
- Industry Relevant Courses and Content.
- Access to ICTACT Learning Portal
- Access to ICTACT Online Assessments.
- International Research Journals (3 Journals)
- ICTConnect Magazine
- Research Collabaration
- Link to ICT Academy portal
- Industry – Insitute Interaction Initiatives
- Access to Skilledge and Skilltester Programs
- Joint Conferences and Seminars
- Final year Student project funding and support
An ICTACT membership signed with Sriram Engineering College, Perumalpattu, Veppampatu, Tiruvallur District- 602 024.